HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Compressor cuts off during the cooling and the low side

Customer Question
Compressor cuts off during...

Compressor cuts off during the cooling and the low side reads retarded in a heat pump

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I did check the t-stat but not the filters

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Low side reads retarded before compressor kicks in, compressor only runs for a few seconds

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Check to see if the crossover valve is functioning can you do that?

reversing valve? show me how to check

Here is how you would need to diagnose it....CLICK HERE, it would be the most likely issue given the symptoms.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.