HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have two zones upstairs and one of my zones no air is

Customer Question
I have two zones...

I have two zones upstairs and one of my zones no air is blowing at all. Both thermostats workings says cool is on.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filter switched out. Both thermostats working. Zone 1 has air blowing and set temp and actual temp work

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if straight forward. I’m a doctor not a hvac technician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. Two zones upstairs one zone not cooling

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/30/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Zone damper for that zone is probably not opening

How do I open that?

Check that zone damper if its actuating upon request

turn on the T-stat to see if damper motor is reacting to demand

the 24v ac zone damper motor has to open damper doors

What is a tstat

Thermostat

Volt meter is a essential tool for this job, do you have one ?

Tstat on. No air. Even turned off other zone tstat
And still no air flow
Think I’ll just have them come fix it. Can’t do more now thx

check fuse in your indoor unit

Ok will do

GO!

Fuse is on control board, 3 amps usually..

Ok will take a look thx

,

I noticed question is still opened, do you still need assistance?

Please Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Best regards