HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Honeywell isn’t communicating with unit. I raised the

Customer Question
Honeywell isn’t communicating with...

Honeywell isn’t communicating with unit

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I raised the thermostat too fast and it went into recovery mode.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it’s easy. I reprogrammed it once before and got it working temporarily

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Replaced everything summer before last

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/30/2018
HVAC Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer.com.
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Do you have an HVAC person to help me? I’ve been waiting a couple of days...
Hello?
Is anyone there?
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

I need the full model number of the thermostat in order to pull the manual on it.... it is likely that this not entirely a thermostat problem but an issue with the anti short cycling controls in the outside unit,

,

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I’m at work. I’ll be home around 5:00 pm. I can provide more info then. Is that okay?

Yes, that will work I am in until 10 pm tonight

Sorry, I got in late. My thermostat is the Honeywell Focus Pro 6000.
Can we just give texting a try?

Yes texting here in this box is fine

Cannot pull the manual right now, Honeywells web site is down but we can use this one click here

Perform the trouble shooting check list

If that fails remove the batteries if it is using them, and replace with new ones, if that fails remove the batteries and fit them in BACKWARDS wait 20 seconds then reinstall the batteries correctly

If that fails tell me which color of wire is attached to each marked terminal on the thermostat wall mount plate

We can go from there

Had someone come out and fix it. An overflow tube was clogged and it shut the system down. It’s repaired now. Thank you.

Great, to close the question just select the "finish and rate your expert" link near the top of your page and click on it,