HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat will not turn the ac on... it was on this

Customer Question
My thermostat will not...

My thermostat will not turn the ac on... it was on this morning and I turned it off now it will not come on and it is 83

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermostat, the a/c is less than two years old and I have had problems setting it in the past

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Resetting it yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Hmm that i do not like this thermostat maybe once I understand it but it is very complicated too many settings

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: HVAC
5/30/2018
HVAC Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 20 days ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
i do and I paid 5.00 and nothing! it is 83 here and I need to know how to reset my thermostat
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 20 days ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, to reset the thermostat and the entire system turn power off to the furnace/ air handler, wait 10 minutes then turn it back on again, that is called a 'soft reset' if that fail there is something mechanically wrong with the system.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

If you need a reference to a well rated local repair outfit, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate several and run them through my vetting process for you

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I do not believe that is the answer as the other came on downstairs... I think it is something else...

If you have a multi meter electrical tester and some skill with it, I can coach you to a diagnosis