HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have model 13JL30A01 air conditioner. We are under

Customer Question
I have model...

I have model 13JL30A01 air conditioner. We are under warranty but the company will not honor our warranty. We have spent over $2,000.00 dollars in Freon and service calls. We have replaced the inside part of the unit on1-2 months ago. We have had nothing but problems. The company in San Antonio wants to replace the compressor but we have to pay the Freon and service call. Problem they want to give us the same unit that we are having problems with. The day it went out I heard a loud pressure sound coming out of the unit- service call said it was not the loss of Freon. Any advice or suggestions. serial 7689W401101819. Thanks Terrie

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes and rechecked voltage to the unit by the service people.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No way.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What approach do I need to use for my warranty? Is this model known for problems?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/29/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far I see all the red flags that one associates with an entirely incompetent and corrupt company... please do not name them here, but we can discuss a wide range of solutions.

First, do they list a contractors license number on their billing statements, and what state are you in.

secondly, what is the brand name on the equipment

Save all of your receipts and written materials from this company, there is a good chance they are in violation of the contractors licensing agreement with recourse to their bond, depending on the state.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Texas brand is Rheem Rudd. I will get their contractor number tomorrow

Do not post their license number here, its a public forum, after you tell what state you are in, I will coach you on how to proceed

Texas

I need to know which city

Meantime here is the link for San Antonio, to give you an idea, you can look up the companys state contractors license number to see if the company is licensed and if it has the required bond... if they do not, you are in the drivers seat.

If they are licensed and bonded you have recourse thru their bonding company.

.

San antonio

Using that contractors name and license number locate the place on that San Antonio web site where you can enter it to find licensing and bonding data. Its near the top of that page,

What you find will determine what your range of options are... there are time limits on making a claim. many of those limits *begin when YOU first make the discovery of suspected fraud or bad work... you need to pay close attention to that. Not necessarily when the work began. A bad contractor will attempt to run out the clock with blather and promises as soon as you notify him of your discovery, watch out for that.

I can put you in touch with some of our attorneys here who might be willing to advise also if you wish

My local service person has tried to get us the unit we need it is the corporate office in San Antonio saying no

Hello, Rheem is very good equipment.

.

If it is installed badly however, like any other brand, it will have problems, nothing but problems and ... wait for it.... more problems, then the outfit that did such a bad job of sizing and installation will blame the equipment. Don't fall for it.

This contractor is the problem, it will be a superbly excellent idea to check his qualifications and bonding with the city and state, I have provided the links