HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Installing RTH7600 series thermometer. tagged all wires from…

Customer Question
Installing RTH7600 series thermometer...

Installing RTH7600 series thermometer. tagged all wires from old thermo. Wiring new thermo .. Instr. said to place RH in in red terminal and R wire to RC. All wires were tagged and there is no Red wire . I have an RC wire ,where do I terminate. AlsI removed Back plate and no wires were in wall, there Help is no existing C wire.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 40 minutes. I've installed past 3 thermo

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes,in process. Why I'm contacting ,tried calling wouldn't accept call.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just wiring solution

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: HVAC
5/29/2018
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 27 days ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician

Hi, I'm Brian and I'll be happy to help you wire your thermostat.

What type of heating/cooling system do you have? i.e. boiler with fan coil and ac coil, gas furnace with ac, heat pump, ac with electric heat, packaged ac with heat, etc... What other connections were on your old thermostat?