HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I need help doing a design and sizing of a brand new HVAC…

Customer Question
I need help doing a...
I need help doing a design and sizing of a brand new HVAC and duct solution for a brand new modular home. Is there someone on here that has that skill set?
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have plans in hand for the new modular
5/29/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 26 days ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I have 58 years in that business, your question though gets beyond a simple answer and into some engineering and options analysis work If you wish I will submit a premium service offer for $85 to design the duct work and size the equipment for you... any title 24 or local building permit compliance requirements are not included... that is a local issue

I will submit an example of my work in a few minutes

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Do you just need the plans to do the design Phil?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I am pricing using Superior Walls for the foundation and they want to do a conditioned crawl space.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I will need the design and layout to submit to the local County for approval.
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 24 days ago

If its a one story building with a basement, and there is room to run the ductwork *below the floor joists in the basement, then all I need is the floor plan.

The city requirement however complicates things, they may want a title 24 load calculation to go along with the duct sizing and layout, in that case you will need a locally licensed design firm to the ductwork design in concert with the load calculations.

click here please, let me know what your city wants in order to get the permit

We can go from there, if all the want is duct lay out, no load calculations, I can do that for you.