HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am trying to replace honeywell thermostats with NEST. Just…

Customer Question
Hi, I am trying...

Hi, I am trying to replace honeywell thermostats with NEST

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Just specific to thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have 2 honeywell TH8110U touchscreen programmable thermostats

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Since I have 2 units in home I am trying to automate it and hence want to get NEST thermostats I dont know how complicated it is to replace it my self If you think I can do it myself, I would take ur advice

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
5/29/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 25 days ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Are the Honeywell stats controlling 2 separate systems or one zoned system? If two separate systems the swap over will be pretty simple.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I have 2 HVAC units controlling 2 sides of my house. both of them have separate thermostats (same ones - honeywell TH8110U programmable thermostats)

Excellent. They will be simple swaps. You will wire pretty much same as old but no jumper from RH to RC needed.

Once you get them if you need help[ I will be happy to guide you .I am actually a Nest Pro INstaller.If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you. I will purchase the thermostats today and try to replace them this week and will reach out if I have follow-up questions. Thanks for your time.

THanks you