HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

When air conditioner is on unit doesn't seem to be on. We…

Customer Question
When air conditioner is...

When air conditioner is on unit doesn't seem to be on

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

We need a new filter. It is coming in the mail tomorrow. Have the thermostat set on cool at 77°. Home temp reads 80°

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did check the breaker and it was not tripped

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/28/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Are you saying that thermostat is calling for cool but house is not cooling?

Ok well you will need to be specific ok equipment you have and make and model

Even attach clear pictures...

Trane xr11 air conditioner

Is outdoor unit running?

No

Does indoor unit fan start when you set to cool?

Hello????

the indoor fan is running

Attach clear pictures of indoor air handle unit

do you have a volt meter to do some tests?

So you indoor unit is in the attic, Attic installation has water level safety cut off switch, and keeps AC from starting in case of water level in dran pan, that a good place to start.

you could also remove the electrical access pane on the outdoor unit and check if it gets 240V main power and 24V at the contactor.

how do i check the drain pan?

With your eyes!!!

where is the drain pan located?

Under the unit in the attic, to catch the water if unit leaks.

I will let another tech try to help you.

Okay
There doesn't seem to be a drip pan