HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a HUNTER programmable thermostat. When I went to turn…

Customer Question
I have a HUNTER...

I have a HUNTER programmable thermostat. When I went to turn on my central air for the first time this season, nothing happen. The temperature in the house says 84 degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I manually turn thermostat to COOL and pur it on Auto and turned the temperature to 69 degrees. Nothing happened so I put turned thermostat form auto to Fan.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Its been 2 hours and the temperature is still at 84 degrees. There is no fan /air blowing. What do I need to do?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No ma'am not that I know of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/29/2018
HVAC Technician: hvacdave84, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
hvacdave84
hvacdave84, HVAC Technician
Hello. Have you tried changing the batteries in your thermostat? And have you checked the fuse/breaker for the furnace?
No I didn’t change batteries.
But I did check circuit breaker.
I rest fuse.I also went directly to the furnace and saw what appeared to be a light switch.
I turned it on and waited 10 minutes.
Then turned it back to previous position
When you set the fan switch from “auto” to “on” does the indoor blower run?
When I switched to on the blower does nothing ... No change!