HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a HUNTER programmable thermostat. When I went to turn…

Customer Question
I have a HUNTER...

I have a HUNTER programmable thermostat. When I went to turn on my central air for the first time this season, nothing happen. The temperature in the house says 84 degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I manually turn thermostat to COOL and pur it on Auto and turned the temperature to 69 degrees. Nothing happened so I put turned thermostat form auto to Fan.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Its been 2 hours and the temperature is still at 84 degrees. There is no fan /air blowing. What do I need to do?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No ma'am not that I know of

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/29/2018
HVAC Technician: hvacdave84, HVAC Technician replied 26 days ago
hvacdave84
hvacdave84, HVAC Technician
Hello. Have you tried changing the batteries in your thermostat? And have you checked the fuse/breaker for the furnace?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No I didn’t change batteries.
But I did check circuit breaker.
I rest fuse.I also went directly to the furnace and saw what appeared to be a light switch.
I turned it on and waited 10 minutes.
Then turned it back to previous position
When you set the fan switch from “auto” to “on” does the indoor blower run?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
When I switched to on the blower does nothing ... No change!