HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox Elite and the outdoor condenser will not…

Customer Question
I have a Lennox...

I have a Lennox Elite and the outdoor condenser will not work. The Code lights are alternating green and red flashing indicating a coil sensor problem. How can I repair it?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy enough.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Before I got this code I had a flashing green light only indicating a High-Pressure Lockout code. I shut off power to the heater and AC unit to attempt a reset, but the problem code I gave you came up.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Yes, I checked the thermostat, and the filters are clean and changed monthly.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/28/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

These are complex systems. Not much is easy about it.

.

If any of this is beyond your skill sets, or fails, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate a well rated service outfit in your area and run them through my own screening process for you.

.

Or I can coach you to a diagnosis if you have some technical skill sets.

Your question in that case goes beyond 'Just a simple Answer' and will require a few hours training and coaching to a full diagnosis and possible repair … IF you have a multi meter and considerable mechanical skills, rate this answer so far positively and I can do all that for you without any time limits … even if it takes days.

-----------------

That way I do not loose my shirt helping you, you can still refund if I fail.

$25phone calls are 100% optional but will speed up the training,coaching and troubleshooting process in most cases.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and the wiring diagram glued inside the electrical controls box mounted INSIDE the unit that sits on a slab outside the house.. and I will mark that up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) tome.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.