HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Honeywell 7 day programmable tstat won't cool. I have an…

Customer Question
My Honeywell 7 day...

My Honeywell 7 day programmable tstat won't cool. I have an identical tstat for another floor. If I switch them, the cooling works. The bad tstat says only system is off or heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Did not check the filters, but when I put the working tstat in the system that was not working, it started to work and that tstat listed all the usual settings: off/heat/cool.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. I sounds like something is wrong with the tstat. These are wifi capable, by the way.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We had to replace another of this same model tstat right after the whole system was installed.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/28/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, your test was well done and proves that the thermostat is indeed bad... it needs to be replaced. You can try however fitting new batteries if yours has them, put the batteries in *backwards, wait 20 seconds, then remove them and reinstall them correctly... that will sometimes reverse electronic glitches,

Also. if you give m e the full model number of the thermostat I can pull the manual and you try reprogramming it.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.