HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Honeywell thermomstat was just replaced (RTH2300 series),

Customer Question
My Honeywell thermomstat was...

My Honeywell thermomstat was just replaced (RTH2300 series), and it also has a blank LCD screen. (this was the reason I bought this one to replace the one that the screen had gone out on. The screen is still not working, and I have flipped breakers, and replaced batteries. Not sure what it could be. The AC still works. If the problem was a blown fuse in the unit outside, would the thermostat still be working at all?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I don't think it is a large problem

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was trying to , but I think I have done most of the troubleshooting I can

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: HVAC
5/28/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 22 days ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello. it is likely that 24volt control power is lost at the air handler where the thermostat gets its power, and that this was the problem all along, not a bad thermostat, so the new thermostat of course has the same issue, those circuits need to be diagnosed.

.

If any of this is beyond your skill sets, or fails, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate a well rated service outfit in your area and run them through my own screening process for you.

.

Or I can coach you to a diagnosis if you have some technical skill sets.

Your question in that case goes beyond 'Just a simple Answer' and will require a few hours training and coaching to a full diagnosis and possible repair … IF you have a multi meter and considerable mechanical skills, rate this answer so far positively and I can do all that for you without any time limits … even if it takes days.

-----------------

That way I do not loose my shirt helping you, you can still refund if I fail.

$25phone calls are 100% optional but will speed up the training,coaching and troubleshooting process in most cases.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
st peters mo 63376, northwest of st louis mo

click here please, this is a very well rated and well established outfit.

If you have any further trouble of any sort or any questions, stay in touch after rating my work, and we can go from there at no additional charge,