HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

OUr thermastat is dead, no power. Can't figure out how to…

Customer Question
OUr thermastat is dead...

OUr thermastat is dead, no power. Can't figure out how to get off the wall to check batteries. AC EVolution MD#187BNA36 2 STG AC

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I suspect the thermostat. Can't figure out how to get access to thermostat batteries.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to open digital theromstat for Evolution series

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/29/2018
HVAC Technician: hvacdave84, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
hvacdave84
hvacdave84, HVAC Technician
Hello. There shouldn’t be any better ones in your thermostat. It gets its power from the control board in the furnace or air handler. Many thermostats do use batteries, especially when you only have 4 wires going to them, but the evolution system is a communicating system, which means that the 4 wire setup is all the thermostat needs to be powered and send/receive signals. If you still would like to verify, a small screwdriver can be used to lightly pry at the seam, going around the thermostat until all 4 clips have been disengaged