HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My unit was running fine then both the outside fan and

Customer Question
My unit was running...

My unit was running fine then both the outside fan and inside fan shut off even though it should be running. No breakers are blown at the box and all switches that I can see are on.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Just changed the filter the other day. It was pretty dirty before. The thermostat seems to be on but it is an older electronic one

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
is anyone there?
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2018
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Sorry about wait. Check to see if your float switch on inside unit is tripped. This will shut down system. It will be located in the drain line with two wires attached. Russ

do you mean 2 electrical wires?
I don't see it in my furnace. it is a Lennox elite series

Ok you may not have a float switch on furnace. Try fan to on position on thermostat. Next check furnace. Look into small hole in furnace to see if you see a red light flashing. Russ