HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We are trying to reprogram our Honeywell T6 Pro thermostat.

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to reprogram our Honeywell T6 Pro thermostat. I is asking for a code to unlock and we do not know what the code is or how to proceed.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

We think that it is the thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: HVAC
5/27/2018
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 28 days ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Try either 1234 or 0670 to unlock the thermostat.

Adjusting keypad lockout

1 Press Menu on the thermostat to go to LOCK. Press Select.

2 Press or to go to OFF, PART, or ON, and then press Select.

3 Press or OFF: Unlocked, and full access allowed. PART: Partial lockout, allowing only the temperature to be changed.

ON: No access allowed.

4 To unlock the keypad, press the CENTER button and then enter the password "1234". To enter the password, press

number. Then press Select. Repeat this process to enter the second through fourth digits of the number. Once all four numbers have been entered, press Select again.

5 This will unlock the keypad.

6 If the code is incorrect, the screen will flash the lines "--".

7 Press Back to go back a step to enter the correct number and press Select.

1. Press your Honeywell thermostat's "System" key. Five blank touch keys will appear on the bottom of the screen between the "Cancel" key and the "Done" key.

2. Touch the blank center key and hold it down for approximately 5 seconds until the screen changes to the "Advanced Settings" menu.

3. Press the middle arrow keys up or down to change the "User Setup Number" located in the bottom left corner. You want user setup number 0670 to unlock your thermostat.

4. Change your options using the arrow keys on the right side of the screen. Press the up or down arrow keys to select the number "0." This should unlock all the keys on the screen.

5. Lock your screen again by repeating the previous steps. Under options, however, choose "1" to partially lock the screen or "2" to fully lock the screen.

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 26 days ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 14 days ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave