HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do I unlock a locked Trane thermnostat? Specific to the…

Customer Question
How do I unlock...

How do I unlock a locked Trane thermnostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to the thermostat; we can;t make it go to cool as opposed to heat and it says it is locked. system was just checked for spring cleaning and filter change within the last few weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i guess

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything else; just how to unlock the thermostat

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: HVAC
5/27/2018
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 28 days ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

What is the model number of the thermostat?

You can also try pressing the - and + keys at the same time for 4-6 seconds and see if that unlocks it.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Which number would be the model number; several numbers inside casing. It says screen locked above arrows so the temp can’t be changed but we also can’t mive it from heat to cool
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Move, sorry
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Short number is *****
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
D154300G01

Okay let me try that, did you try the -/+ combo?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Bye; this was so not worth my money

I am sorry to read you feel this service is not worth anything. I am merely one of the experts on this site and have no control over the fees charged to you. If you would like my assistance just let me know, otherwise please contact customer service for any money issues.

You can also try < > at the same time for 4 -6 seconds and see if that works

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 26 days ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 15 days ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave