HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm having trouble getting my AC to turn on tonight. We have…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm having trouble...

Hi, I'm having trouble getting my AC to turn on tonight. We have a LuxPro PSP511LA Programmable Thermostat and our whole HVAC setup was inspected and cleaned in January, there were no problems. I tried resetting the breaker for the AC unit as well but it still won't turn on. Any suggestions? It's hot here!

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Based on our inspection in January I think it's the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not necessarily depending on what is wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/27/2018
HVAC Technician: hvacdave84, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
hvacdave84
hvacdave84, HVAC Technician
Hello. Happy to help. So when you initiate a cooling call at the thermostat, does the indoor unit begin blowing, but the outdoor unit will not run?
Nothing was running that we could see, indoor or outdoor
Is “filter” showing anywhere on the thermostat’s display panel?
No, there is nothing that says filter on it
No, it doesn’t say filter anywhere on it
Have you checked the circuit breaker or fuse for the furnace?
we reset the circuit breaker for the AC as well, it had no effect unfortunately
Have you replaced the thermostat batteries? And do you have an electrical multimeter and are you comfortable troubleshooting electrical wiring with instruction?
Don’t have a multimeter unfortunately but I will replace the battery today
Did replacing your thermostat better idea solve your issue?
Batteries, sorry
No it didn’t make a difference. Have a service call scheduled for Thursday.