HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a P3rA 024k central air, and a cmf2 80 PG propane…

Customer Question
I have a Miller...

I have a Miller P3rA 024k central air, and a Miller cmf2 80 PG propane furnace. When I put on my A/C it doesn't blow on the inside, even though both the fans on the unit outside are blowing, and I can't find any leaks in the ductwork under the house.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, and I replaced the batteries on the thermostat. I hosed off the filtyers on the ac unit outside, and tried to get the frost off the inside.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can I will, it depends on what the problem is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fan on the unit outside seems okay, but it seems to not get past where it meets the furnace. Is there a problem with the fan on the furnace?

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
my phone number is(###) ###-####
5/27/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 23 days ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far the phone call offer box has not come up on this end, it should in a few minutes,

.

so far it sounds like the compressor is not running

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and the wiring diagram glued inside the electrical controls box mounted INSIDE the unit that sits on a slab outside the house.. and I will mark that up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) tome.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.If any of this is beyond your skill sets, or fails, tell me which directionyou are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate a well rated service outfit in your area andrun them through my own screening process for you.

.

Or I can coach you to a diagnosis if you have some technical skill sets.

Your question in that case goes beyond 'Just a simple Answer' and will require a few hours training and coaching to a full diagnosis and possible repair … IF you have a multi meter and considerable mechanical skills, rate this answer so far positively and I can do all that for you without any time limits … even if it takes days.

-----------------

That way I do not loose my shirt helping you, you can still refund if I fail.

$25phone calls are 100% optional but will speed up the training,coaching and troubleshooting process in most cases.

.

.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
give me a few minutes to take and send them
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
give me an email address to send the pictures
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I'll have to open it up again outside to get the wiring diagram, do you want me to do that (it's getting dark here (MA)

I got both photo's focus was fuzzy though hard to read. Those were not of the wiring diagrams however, I need the wiring diagrams.

.

Those are *sheets of paper glued to the service panels

click here to see some samples

.

Your question in this case goes beyond 'Just a simple Answer' and will require a few hours training and coaching to a full diagnosis and possible repair … IF you have a multi meter and considerable mechanical skills, rate this answer so far positively and I can do all that for you without any time limits … even if it takes days.

-----------------

please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it. that will not close the question but will get me paid for this extended coaching that will be required

.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Is there a dedicated fan in the furnace especially for the A/C?

There is just one main blower, two speeds, low speed for heat, high speed for cooling and that is controlled by a relay soldered into the printed circuit board

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Are you still there? (the typing is very slow on this)

I am here handling about 5 questions at a time, I do not stand by, I post after you respond as soon as I can

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
when I put on the (outside air) fan switch in the furnace it doesn't blow cold air, so I didn't know if it came from underneath or from above.

It only blows cold if the AC unit located outside is running,

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it's running

Good work, to close the question please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I meant the outside is running, I'll send the wiring diagram for the furnace as soon as I download the picture