HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My AC is working but I cannot control it because the

Customer Question
My AC is working...

My AC is working but I cannot control it because the thermostat will not let me change the temperature

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Seems to be just the thermostat because I hear it going off and on. It even provides some relief depending on the temperature outside.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how intense it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's my upstairs thermostat. The one downstairs seems to be fine But that's al I can think

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: HVAC
5/27/2018
HVAC Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 25 days ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I still need an answer.
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 25 days ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Sorry about wait. What id make of thermostat. If I understand you cannot adjust temp up or down correct.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Correct. I tried to remove any holds but now whenever I push up or down, it says OFF.

What is make of thermostat and we will see if we can reset it. Russ

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Lux

If you can remove front of thermostat. There should be a small reset button in back. Russ

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I see a button that says HW reset

Push reset

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Done

See if that works.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok

Can you move temp up and down.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I think but cant tell because the screen is showing flashing 8's and everything is just flashing

You have to set time and date when 8 is flashing

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Oh...lol. Ok

If you do not have manual give me model number of thermostat and I will attach. Model number is ***** back of thermostat. Russ

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
TX1500E

One second.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The time screen just came up and its still not working

Here is manual. Russ

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I just noticed its flashing Chsnge Filter. Could that be it
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Another light is flashing thst says FAN
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Figured out the filter thing
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you

Just push fan switch till it says auto

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Im not sure why but I pressed the down and the up at same time. The word SET came up and allowed me to go up 5 or down 5.

Just leave it in middle and press next to advance

Sorry I have to leave for about 1 hour so will opt out and if no one helps will be back with you. Russ