HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a water furnace geo system. Went to replace filter with…

Customer Question
Have a water furnace...

Have a water furnace geo system . Went to replace filter with a water furnace filter and am unable to get filter into unit. Seems to be blocked by something, but see nothing .

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Same brand and size.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Such as what, please?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/27/2018
HVAC Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
but if replies normally take so long, not a service I would want to utilize. Should reply not be received soon, please advise how I cancel program and receive credit for my payment.Thanks.Fred
HVAC Technician: hvacdave84, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
hvacdave84
hvacdave84, HVAC Technician
The best way to change the filter is to make sure that the unit is completely off. If the blower is running at all, the air pressure against the filter will pull it into the sheet metal of the filter rack, causing it to snag.