HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do i reset a pressure fault on a armstrong heat pump…

Customer Question
how do i reset a...
how do i reset a pressure fault on a armstrong heat pump model 4shp13le6p-6? it happens every year when need to turn to cooling....ii reset breaker. i thought last time i had to jumper a wire on the pump.
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: HVAC
5/26/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 29 days ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, there is either a manual reset button on the high pressure cut out switch inside the heat pump that sits outside the house, OR you can reset it by turning the thermostat to the OFF position, wait one minute then turn it back on.

.

If the high pressure switch did indeed trip, then the outside units condenser coil is likely dirty, they need cleaning every few years using a coil cleaning kit available at most larger hardware stores,

.

If any of this is beyond your skill sets, or fails, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate a well rated service outfit in your area and run them through my own screening process for you.

.

Or I can coach you to a diagnosis if you have some technical skill sets.

Your question in that case goes beyond 'Just a simple Answer' and will require a few hours training and coaching to a full diagnosis and possible repair … IF you have a multi meter and considerable mechanical skills, rate this answer so far positively and I can do all that for you without any time limits … even if it takes days.

-----------------

That way I do not loose my shirt helping you, you can still refund if I fail.

$25phone calls are 100% optional but will speed up the training,coaching and troubleshooting process in most cases.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and the wiring diagram glued inside the electrical controls box mounted INSIDE the unit that sits on a slab outside the house.. and I will mark that up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) tome.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
red and green lights still blinking alternately. i have did the thermostat of and on. when i hold in the resets the fan on pump runs well until released. this happens every year and its 3 years old. they have replaced the control boad before. i remember jumping a wire on thermostat wire area on pump one time. any other suggestions
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 28 days ago

The error codes are very useful.... about 30% of the time, the rest of the time they are not helpful or are simply bogus... trouble shooting by error code is like fixing your car based on the warning lights.

For me to help you on this end I need the following:

.

Or I can opt out to one of our other experts here, let me know your preference

Thanks but that is not a wiring diagram, click here for some examples of wiring diagrams

We can go from there

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The lights are a antishort cycle
14BD4C62-4C97-46BC-BAED-...png14BD4C6...png9B47BDD0-FE40-44A6-BB2C-...png9B47BDD...pngF954DAE9-59A0-4797-90F9-...pngF954DAE...png50AFD8C8-139F-4B3C-ABA6-...png50AFD8C...png

Thanks, ***** ***** wiring diagram are the high pressure switch, S4 marked HI-PS on the upper right hand corner of the wiring diagram, and the low pressure switch marked LO-PS on the upper right hand corner of the diagram,

with the power OFF fit a jumper wire across the LO-PS if the system runs its low on refrigerant or has a restriction in the refrigerant line at the cooling coil.. it would then short cycle and you would get the 'anti short cycle error... if the jumper works, immediately shut the unit down and call in an HVAC service tech to find and repair the leak or restriction,

But first let me know if the jumper allowed the compressor to keep running for up to 2 minutes or not,

no longer, shut it down its not good run the compressor for long periods when its out of refrigerant