HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just installed a new Amana PTAC unit and everything seems…

Customer Question
I just installed a...

I just installed a new Amana PTAC unit and everything seems to be working except it is not blowing any air. The back vent door is open for outside air and the fan is circulating.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters are fine, I put the unit on cool and still nothing.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
I just removed a from metal screening and there is a long cylindrical fan which moves if I manually spin it but when I put the unit on, nothing happens.
It looks like the long cylindrical part is the blower wheel.
It appears that the blower wheel is getting hung up on something, it starts to turn and then stops.
5/26/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the unit is defective, repairs on your end will void the warranty... most likely problem is a bad printed circuit board.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.