HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have 2 extra wires wrapped around the cable. which one is…

Customer Question
I have 2 extra...

I have 2 extra wires wrapped around the cable. which one is the C wire?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have a new RTH6500

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/26/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Probably neither one as it stands now. You have to connect one of the spare leads to the C terminal at the furnace and at the thermostat.

Where do I find the spare lead at the furnace

At the furnace thermostat terminal strip which is usually on the control board. You can trace the thermostat wire to it. If you still need help I need the brand and model of the furnace.