HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have 2 amana model ASX160371AB Serial numberthat smell…

Customer Question
I have 2 amana...

I have 2 amana model ASX160371AB Serial number(###) ###-####that smell like exhaust when they first turn on for a couple minutes, then for a couple minutes when they turn off. They are only about 10 months old, what is the problem? Could it be the blower motor? Could it be that the coils have something stuck on them? How can I get this fixed?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I got them installed the end of July, 2017. The model is ASX160371AB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don’t want to, but 2 HVAC companies have told me they do not know what the problem is. One thought it was just the drip pan that needed cleaned, but that did not fix the problem, it just changed to to an exhaust smell instead of just a dirty smell.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/26/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

You provided the outdoor unit info, what is needed is the indoor unit info with clear detailed pictures of installation

Only then will I be able to work with you.

I do not have a problem with the furnace, it is only with the ac.

Were is the smell emanating from, inside or outside?

The diesel exhaust smell is coming out of the vents when the ac first turns on, for a couple minutes, and then when the ac turns off for a couple minutes. It is the most intense during the hottest part of the day 1pm-5pm. I am in Las Vegas.
It is all inside of the house where the air comes out of the vents.

I will let another tech take over,

Punching out