HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Help we are trying to install a new thermostat...the fan…

Customer Question
Help we are trying...

Help we are trying to install a new thermostat...the fan stays on. The unit only runs for a couple of seconds and blow hot air.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The filter is clean. Do you mean the set up settings.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We have been.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Settings, do you mean the st up settings.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/26/2018
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Sorry about wait. What is make and model number of thermostat. Russ

Honeywell 4shp16lt136p-2

I am back. Take photo of the thermostat wiring terminals and attach. Did you go into installer setup and set unit for equipment. Russ

That number was number of system. Need thermostat number.

Model Thm5421c
No,instructions said thermostat was preprogrammed and ready to go

I need to opt out another Expert will pick up question.

Ok...thanks.
HVAC Technician: Bill, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

hello,

I see that the model number is ***** an interface between the thermostat and furnace.

So you have furnace...wires run to the interface (number you gave) and then to thermostat...which is what you are replacing.

So what is the thermostat model you are installing?

Vision pro IAQ
G2d95bt080v16-1b
There are so many model numbers . I hope some this is correct. I texted other numbers this site before.

Ok have you removed the front cover of the interface box to see what terminals the wires to the thermostat are on?

you received picture?
We did try to go thru the installer set up. But could not get to it, to figure it out.

do you have this box shown HERE

Senfing pictures.

also note that the link I sent of the interface box has an entire list of installation instructions you can look at also.

Waiting on pics

FYI. We are only trying install a new thermostat not the unit by the furnace.
No pictures yet.
No longer will be needing services,not at all happy with "just answer".

Billy sent you a link.

Last message from Bill was he was waiting for pics

OK