HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Split air conditioner E6 Error causes, Filters OK Thermostat…

Customer Question
Split air conditioner E6...

Split air conditioner E6 Error causes

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters OK Thermostat setting ok

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on cause

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unit is 2 years old

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/25/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the brand name and model number of the furnace/ air handler inside the house in order to pull the error code read out document,

If its a gas furnace the model number is ***** a sticker inside the same compartment as the gas valve, just follow the gas line to the furnace, then remove that panel, it lifts up one inch then pulls out at the top in most cases,

Tell me if you have a multi meter and some technical skills to do a diagnose as I coach you or if that is not one of your skill sets,

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Split Air system no furnace Carrier 38GVM
I prefer a written record no calls
Are you there?
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

E6 error code for your Carrier means Communication error between indoor and outdoor

It is possible that there is just a loose or broken connection in the wire that join both units. that needs to be inspected carefully.

Or there is a defective control board either outside or inside. (technician job)

You can try cutting power to unit for a ,least 10 min, then see if error has cleared.

OK???

Hello!!!

I noticed question is still opened, do you still need assistance?

Please Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Best regards