HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We are in a new house and have turned on the A/C for the…

Customer Question
We are in a...

We are in a new house and have turned on the A/C for the first time. It is running very loud and it is just blowing slightly cool. Is this normal? It is very noisy.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Model # TH2110DV1008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I am able - yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I checked the furnace and moved the toggle switched from the heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The filter is OK and should be changed soon. The settings are good. I set up the schedule for the week and saved it, so I think that is ok.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/25/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Feel of large copper line between units and see if it is beer can cold.THat will tell us if unit is operating properly.It may take a bit to start really cooling down.

Not cold at all

Is anything running outside?