HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I was checking site for Career Infinity System fault outdoor…

Customer Question
I was checking site...

I was checking site for Career Infinity System fault outdoor unit communication fault 179

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Filter is good

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Checked circuit breaker and power line with multimeter

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Career Infinity HVAC
Outdoor unit Communication Fault
Fault Code UI 179
Checked Circuit Breaker and Power Lint to outdoor unit with multimeter.
Filter is new
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Career AC unit => 24VNA936A00300
Career Furnace => 59MN7A080V211220
Answered in 1 day by:
5/26/2018
HVAC Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 29 days ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
issue is not resolved )
HVAC Technician: Bill, HVAC Technician replied 29 days ago
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

If power is present (220v) and control voltage present to condenser...and there is no damage to the communications wire, then it is likely a control board in the outdoor unit.

Very common after voltage issues, storm, etc.....and sometimes is just board failure for no reason.

Bill

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Please let me know - Usually how much the board replacement costs?
Thanks.

In the outdoor unit, the thermostat (communication wires) mount on a lower board. This board starts usually with HK***

Can you tell me what that number is ***** this board so I can discern correct series?