David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner at Floridaco
99480491

The system switch no longer works...it just slides back and

the system switch no longer works...it just slides back and forth not clicking between COOL_OFF_HEAT...can that be fixed or does the whole unit need to be replaced
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: thermostat settings still work...fan will go on ....but it doesn't go on to cool to what thermostat is set to
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can it be fixed and how

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Those type of parts are not repairable and you will need to replace the thermostat

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is it covered under warranty

If the thermostat is less than 1 yr old you should be able to return it to where you bought it with proof of purchase and should be able to exchange it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is that part covered in the manufacturers warranty
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you know if it's sold in GA at Home Depot or Lowes....It is a newly built Condo so I did not purchase it

You would need to read the warranty to determine if it is covered. I would need to know the make and model of thermostat.

Are you the 1st owner of the condo?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have manufaturers warranty....Yes I am first owner

You should also let the builder know and they may replace it for you or you can contact your home warranty protection policy and they can replace it usually for a service fee.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK... thanks

You are most welcome...

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

Thank you very much for the positive rating, I sincerely ***** ***** If you need further assistance or help with another question, just let me know.

Best,

Dave