HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat's has a blinking snowflake, what does it mean?

Customer Question
Hi. My thermostat's has...

Hi. My thermostat's has a blinking snowflake, what does it mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it might be a matter of pushing a button or changing a battery.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know. I have the CA on. It reads 81 degrees and I have it set at 72.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My air is blowing, but not cooling the house, the snowflake blinks when I lightly touch it, for my central air.
5/16/2018
HVAC Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
I have not heard back from the HVAC. Please have an HVAC technician to help me answer my questions. I have central air. My outside fan system, from the CA does spin, I hear air blowing from inside the house, but it is not cooling the house down. I notice on my thermostat the snowflake blinks sometimes. I have the thermostat set at 72 degrees, but the temperature reads 80. The house is not cooling down. I've left the CA on for about 5 hours before I turned it off. Prior to me turning it on, I changed the filter in the vent. This is maybe the first time it has been turned on this season. Currently, I have the CA off; and it has been a day. How do I get my CA to work properly? I paid for this service, but I am not getting answers to my questions. Please help.
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue. Just noticed you haven't had help yet.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Are you ready??

Thank you for your support. Everything is good now with my central air conditioning.

Dear Just Answer, On this day, Thursday, May 31, 2018, please cancel my membership with everything connected to this site. I thought the responses would provide a quick response. It turned out, I needed someone to come out to my house, which cost me even more money that I don't have. Please, deactivate my account. Please stop all charges to my account. Please let me know that my membership has been canceled. Thank you for your time; it's much appreciated. Please forward this message to the right department that cancels membership. Thank you. Sincerely, ***** ****************