HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am replacing an old rusted out BW4000 with a BW4502. The…

I am replacing an...

I am replacing an old rusted out BW4000 with a BW4502. The old cooler was actually built into the old window. Can the face plate of the new cooler be removed to facilitate installation?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Today. I helped a friend pick up the new cooler. We discovered that the old cooler was built into the window opening, Masonite and stucco were then applied around the cooler. Need to remove the face place to slide the new cooler into position and then reattach the face place.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I am a retired Master Electrician, Master HVAC and Master Plumber.

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

Yes, retired, I just didn't want to damage the front panel removing it for installation, Thought I would go to the source for proper information. My years as an aircraft mechanic trained me to go to the manufacturer when I had questions.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is the front panel removable? If so, what is the process. Pretty simple request.

5/14/2018
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the front panel of the new AC is easily removable, look for two screws at the bottom on most models, then the entire front lifts up and out.

.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer