HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Cut my thermostat wire with eater. Wired it back together…

Cut my thermostat...

Cut my thermostat wire with weed eater. Wired it back together blower making a humm noise but won't start. I have a _1999 rheem plus

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Replaced thermostat same thing is happening could there be a fuse on my unit that could have blown can't find one

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really

5/14/2018
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if you are talking about the blower inside the furnace humming but not starting (and not the fan on the outside unit), look for the run capacitor mounted on the blower and replace it, your furnace most likely has one, if not we can go from there with different instructions.

Before replacing the capacitor however, with the power off to the furnace, make sure that the blower wheel spins freely by hand, if not, then the motor bearings are bad,

Click here please, take it to Grainger industrial supply for a match up

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
it was working fine before I cut the wires
thanks I appreciate the advise