HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Can a evolution 95s downdraft be converted to an updraft,

Can a bryant evolution...

Can a bryant evolution 95s downdraft be converted to an updraft, want to move it from mainfloor to basement? Does bryant sell a conversion kit?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

Yes, we added an addition to our house and need to move the current furance to the basement and add a second furnance in attic

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, but want to know if it possible to convert the downdraft unit to an updraft

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

First hvac guy said he could do it, because the current furnance we have is very good

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/11/2018
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Just the ducting would have to be done differently, there is no kit to do this just a furnace guy would need to redo the ductowrk to make it an updraft.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
basically an hvac technician should be able to redo duct work if furnance is relocated to basement
Do you need to flip furance over or reverse the fan as well? Or is it just changing where the input and output connect to duct work?