HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Unit M/n is 4HP 13L 30P 2A. Init control board has solid red…

Unit M/n is 4HP...

Unit M/n is 4HP 13L 30P 2A. Init control board has solid red led, green not lit. compressor does not run but when the contactor is manually pushed it does run.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Well I did check the thermostat. fan comes on but not the cooling unit. What filters?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well I would like to but did call my friend who has a hvac business.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. there is power to the unit. red led on. green led off. contactor can be manually pushed in and unit runs. thermostat seems to be working, turns cooling coil fan on. that's about it I think.

I can manually push the contactor in and the compressor runs and fan spins.
inside the cooling coil fan runs and air comes out the vents.
5/10/2018
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello.

There is a problem with one of the 4 main 24vac controls in the system, you will need a multi meter to do some testing.

.

If any of this is beyond your skill sets, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate a well rated service outfit in your area and run them through my own screening process for you.

.

If you would like me to train and coach you to a full diagnosis and repair yourself, and have a multi meter and considerable mechanical skills, rate this answer positively and I can do that for you without any time limits.

.

That way I do not loose my shirt helping you.

.

$25phone calls are 100% optional but will speed up the training,coaching and troubleshooting process in most cases.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and the wiring diagram glued inside the electrical controls box mounted INSIDE the unit that sits on a slab outside the house.. and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) tome.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
ok but those pics will take a few minutes. are you going to be here on line?
Sir I fixed it. I think the circuit board was locked out according to the trouble shooting table. I got the circuit board reset, and it came on by itself and I have 18 degree difference between register and return. The unit failed in mid january in the dead of winter when I think it was on a defrost cycle. I left it go because I have gas log backup. I think there might be a problem in that the freon might be teetering on low which would also cause a low pressure alarm. So I will get my friend here with his gauges and 410A bottle. I think we are done.
I don't think a call will be necessary. I will fill out your survey very favorably. Sorry it took so long but my neighbor and I were trouble shooting it, he used to install ac units.