HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We are looking for a wiring diagram for a nordyne

Customer Question
We are looking for...

We are looking for a wiring diagram for a nordyne mgha-070-hbfc-05

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few days....

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband has been working on the wiring and replaced the transformer and i think he had it wired wrong, it blew something out again, although he test the transformer and it is is testing okay

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

The diagram is close but it is not matching up, the limit switches on our furnace are on the top and on the diagram you have given us is on the limit switches are on the bottom. There should be a violet wire on the fan motor and we don't see it. The orange wire should be on terminal one not terminal three.
We need the correct diagram
What we have been given does not help....it does not have a legend
The diagram should be more detailed, the diagram we have been given is very generic

This is the oem diagram for the furnace. Components are are not shown by location.Diagram does not designate or imply top or bottom of unit.

The original motor did not have an orange.

Look closely at bottom of diagram (NOT GENERIC)

Tell me what color wires are on your current motor

Do you have a website we can go too?
The problem is the motor is not running at full RPM. He accidentally wired the transformer up wrong and it blew the transformer. He did check the transformer that he blew and he is getting the amps that are required (1.2 amps on the hot side) and on the 24 volt side putting the black probe and testing all three wire black red and orange the reading are normal as they should be. Putting the black probe on the white common wire and then 27.6 on the black and on the 120 volt wire is getting 27amps and on the 208 wire he is getting a reading of 71, on the orange a reading of 89.
Could the transformer be bad and be the cause of the motor dragging even though it has the test results above.
He wired on a 110 and 208 leg. He wired the red wire is running to a the aux limit and the black wire is going to switch board and we belive is goint to the blower motor . There was a violet wire he was unsure about. The wires are a lot of different colors.
The motor wires are red, black and white
He believes he has the blower motor working after hooking it to the 208 w 110 leg. Not sure this was correct.

LOOKING FOR HELP IN DETERMINING , JUST WHERE 2 BIGGER TYPE BLACK WIRE GO?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

THIS IS A NORDYNE FURNACE MDL# ***** your service provided some but little information yesaterday

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

ITS NOT THE FILTER!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

ASKED SOME ADDITONAL Qs YESTERDAY, YOULL NEVER RESPONDED, BUT ONLY WITH MORE ADVERTISING GR

Don't worry about a any technician, we have hired an HVAC Technician. Please do not charge us as we where not satisfied.