HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat is locked it's a proseries. I just pushed to…

My thermostat is locked...

My thermostat is locked it's a proseries

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Nope. I just pushed to many buttons

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's for an AC unit only. No heat

5/6/2018
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Can you give me make and model number of thermostat. Russ

I don’t know. I didn’t install it. It came with the house. I think it’s a T4 or T6
I don’t have the manual

Here is manual for T4 both unlock the same way. Russ

Press center and plus button that will bring up installer setup. advance to 435 and go to 0 that will unlock thermostat. Russ

It didn’t work!

Did you go to 435 and set to 0

The screen didn’t change

You have to holder 5 seconds

Hold for 5 seconds

I did

Press center button and enter code 1234

Fixed!!

Great. Glad you back online I will open rate box for you. Russ

Anymore questions. Russ

Do you still need help. Russ

If you could check rate ox so I can get paid thanks. Russ

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician