HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How doI I change the battery in my thermostat? Tess, there…

How doI I change...

How doI I change the battery in my thermostat? Tess

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

There are no lights or numbers in thermostat window.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I had thought it would just be removing the thermostat cover...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know enough the situation to know what else is needed.

Answered in 1 hour by:
5/2/2018
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

We need to start with the Make and model.

Attach some pictures with add file option. give me something to go on...

Not a common honeywell model, but generaly they just pull off the wall mounting plate.

Here is manual of your thermostat.

answer is just pull it outwards to access batteries.

Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Very odd, because it was just installed new last year. I refer you to google the "Honeywell thermostat" site-- this is the first one shown! What's going on?Now, about "just pulling off the wall mounting plate" that is exactly what I have been trying to o avail... several other people have also tried. That is precisely why I contacted you. You make it sound esy. Please tell me how to do it.
Phone call session started