HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How far can a residental a/c unit outside be from the

furnace? In other words, how...
How far can a residental a/c unit outside be from the furnace? In other words, how long can the lines be between the a/c and the furnace. I am replacing the entire HVAC system due to its age and repairs needed.The previous (original) owner of the home added a bedroom extension on one side of the a/c and a porch on the other side. The HVAC company says they need to reposition the a/c and reroute the line. The new lines will be longer than the old lines and I just want to check if it will cause problems if the lines exceed what they are intended for.Thank you.
Jeff
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/2/2018
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Jeff unless the lines are over 100 feet you should have no issues. Just add .60 oz of refrigerant for every foot ove 15

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
That's great. I will check with them to see if they are adding the refrigerant. Thanks so much!