HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Knochelman Service Experts installed a $12,379 heat pump at…

Customer Question
Knochelman Service Experts installed...

Knochelman Service Experts installed a $12,379 heat pump at my house 06/21/2017. The 5 speed air handler makes a noise like a hot rod car coming to a stop every time it goes off !

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The there is another noise that sounds like a metal chair being dragged across a concrete floor when the blower (air handler?) "shifts" up or down to the 2nd speed. Knochelman has been here 5 times trying to eliminate the screech ! It is now not as loud, and not as often, but still happening after 9 months ! I called Lennox and the customer service man told me to tell Knochelman to call Factory Support - which I did. But, the noise is still happening after I told Knochelman, and after they came out to adjust it again.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Did I get ripped - - $12, 379 for a heat pump w/5 speed air handler ! Amd, why is it soooo noisy?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Wow, thats not good, as far as the price you paid, I cant judge that with the limited info I have but its not to bad.

You need to get to comunicate yourself with Lennox technical support and have them diagnose the equipment themselves and have it resolved once in for all, they are responsible for the equipment for the whole warranty periode.

I thought that’s what I was doing!
But I was re-directed to your website fir $5. Howvsn I cancel the $5 charge?

I will do that for you, Call your local Lennox dealer, not a company that sells for lennox.

I hope you get what you paid for. Lennox are usually really good for customer support.

Best regards.