HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I changed the batteries in my Honeywell thermostat, but when…

Customer Question
I changed the batteries...

I changed the batteries in my Honeywell thermostat, but when re-inserting the holder, the thermostat refused to come back on. Blank screen. My furnace also ceased operating. I went to the circuit breaker for my house and checked that all circuits are on. I tried another pair of fresh AAA batteries in the holder. Still a blank screen. House getting colder!

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermostat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work? I just want the thermostat to start working again.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I changed the batteries because the "change battery" notice started flickering on thermostat. When I did so, everything shut down.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/3/2018
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 4 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

does the back of the front section of thermostat have a row of small pins that align with the wall plate?

And do you know the furnace make/model?

I think I've had it with this so-called "expert help" procedure that requires credit card payments before anyone addresses my problem! And then you want all kinds of technical info that I have to look up because there is no professional here!
Well, count me as being totally DISSATISFIED! And refund my credit card payment!
I will get help the old-fashioned way by getting a competent technician to come here and take care of my problem.

No problem. I am a tech in the field and do this part time...always making sure I am polite to my customers.

After you call for service I am confident you will see I am on the right path...and that is without pictures, thermostat number/model, furnace or anything.

I apologize for asking questions but I cannot see what you have and there are thousands of possibilities.

I will forward to customer service for you right now and wish you the best.

Billy

Forget it! I'm done! Refund that initial payment!

I do not know if you are getting messages?

I already said I am forwarding to customer service.

And I wish you the best.