HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I want to install a replacement thermostat. I have one of…

Customer Question
I want to install a...
I want to install a replacement thermostat. I have one of the old manual Honeywell round model. No time period settings.
I want to install the new one in the current location. And use the same wires.
But here is the thing : I want it to have a wireless remote sensor (so I don't have to run any wires) which I will put in my bedroom. It needs to be able to control the heating/cooling from the main unit during the day and then at night it will the temperature from the remote sensor to control the heating/cooling system. Is there a product on the market that has this capability?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

There is no thermostat that has what you describe, What you could use is a common programable thermostat, or a thermostat that works with your smart phone that you can make adjustments to your setting from anywhere you are.

Before you change thermostat you need to check how many wires available to the existing one.

what do you think?

I am surprised that there is not a product that does what I am looking for. I want a second opinion.
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 5 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

I have used the Venstar for this application.

You have to mount a receiver at the furnace..it wires into the furnace.

Then you can have thermostats through the home that communicate with the receiver.

see this HERE