HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I got a Ducane code 3. Just this morning I noticed it was…

Customer Question
I got a Ducane...

I got a Ducane code 3

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just this morning I noticed it was cold in my house.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I checked the exhaust tube and it was clean. I checked the pressure switch and it seemed like it was working, the pilot does come on.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 5 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if the pilot does not come, but the inducer fan runs well, then the problem is that the pressure switch is no actually closing, OR, the igniter has failed, or the printed circuit board is bad.

.

If you need someone to arrive and do the repair tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate a well rated outfit that can arrive and take care of the problem.

.

If you have a multi meter and some skill with it and want coaching....

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Important note: You have posted this question TWICE, cancel the other one to avoid being charged for it, leave THIS question in the THIS thread be, we can continue here, But cancel your duplicate question,