HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Furnace is 7 years old and has just shut off heat and air…

Customer Question
Furnace is 7 years...

Furnace is 7 years old and has just shut off heat and air conditioning. Board sending signals to run but motor not running. Tech said both seem to be functioning but not with each other,.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Inside the unit?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No but just trying to see if I can give the original installer some info. Had a tech come out and seems unfamiliar with Frigidaire and their error codes. He said he is seeing two error codes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it. System just will not run. Tries to run when unplugged and plugged but then igniters do not execute and furnace shuts off.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
Model and Serial Number Frigidaire Model FG7TC 080D - VC Serial FGD100705339
4/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if you have a multi meter and can do a few tests on the furnace....

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.