HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

An electrician moved my evolution thermostat today and now…

Customer Question
An electrician moved my...

An electrician moved my Bryant evolution thermostat today and now it is non functional

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermostat. It worked perfectly prior to a short time ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

May as well. It is re installed, but I suspect it was wired wrong after he moved it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope, just what wires go where

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/3/2018
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Carrier dealer. You have A B C D on thermostat. Green A Yellow to B White to C Red to D. Also he may have blown fuse in Furnace or Air handler. If you do not have power to thermostat after you check wires go to the furnace or air handler and check to see if fuse is blown. If you have a furnace you will have a 3 or 5 amp fuse on furnace board. If you have an air handler open blower door top panel. Look at top right side and you will see a fan board with the A B C D on them. There is a fuse on the board. It will be the same 3 or 5 amp auto type fuse. Russ

Do you still need help. Russ