HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Well my reem furnace quits after a minute or so of

Customer Question
Well my reem furnace...

Well my reem furnace quits after a minute or so of operation

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes. I replaced what i think is the return air filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Id like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If i reset the breaker the furnace comes on and then shuts off after a minute.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: HVAC
4/3/2018
HVAC Technician: Bill, HVAC Technician replied 23 days ago
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

does the main blower ever kick on or just the flames and then goes out?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The main blower comes on. No flames appear. I hear a fast clicking noise which I assume is the igniter

what do the lights do on circuit board and what is the model n umber of the furnace?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The flame light does not come on and the green light is steady them blinks and then goes off

thank you, ***** ***** the furnace model number?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I’ll grt that for you

going offline so I will opt to another tech....I wish you the best

HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 23 days ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I am taking over for Bill, so far it sounds like a bad flame sensor or printed circuit board,

If you have a multi meter and want me to dig into this to find the exact cause...

.

.... Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi Phil. I’m going to have to continue this call tomorrow. I will respond after 5.
Thanks for your help!

That will work

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer