HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I was given a Raypack boiler Model H3-0402B. My intentions…

Customer Question
I was given a...

I was given a Raypack boiler Model H3-0402B. My intentions are to use it in my home which has radiant heat utilizing a boiler. My Current system ( not working) was an american Standard # GPMX-5. I am trying to figure out if the Raypack can be used. the American Standard was a series 1B-J1(?) System 15 PSI Boiler 30PSI Input 139000 Output 105600. NOt sure what it all means but the Am. Standard is also about half the size. What year was the Raypack model - do you know

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

There are no filters. Current one is hooked to the water heater.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Oh hell no!!! I just need to determine if it will even work with my system.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you recommend anyone in Atlanta -trustworthy to do the work?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/2/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 3 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It will "work" but if it has twice the output of the existing boiler it won't be efficient and condensation could be a problem so in the long run it's probably not a good option

I see now that the BTU output on the Raypack is 335,000 and the input is 399,00. The American Standard was 139,000 input and 105600 output. So really it won't work at all - will it.

It will "work" but not well. I wouldn't use it for this application.

Do you have more questions?