HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a GE air cond Model AEM12APW1. I am triying to check…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE air cond Model AEM12APW1. I am triying to check the Fan Motor but I am having trouble getting the shround off. Could you give me some input. Thanks alot..James A. Durand

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Several years old but in new cond. Actual model # is AEM12APW1 - 12,000 Btu unit. when its on, its makes some noise, but the Fan runs and spins. I have been told that the Fan Motor may need to be changed, or greased, etc. But Iam trying to get the Shroud off and I cannot. Can you give me some advice on this job.......Thanks *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes Sir

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I work for the New York City Fire Department and have a few friends that want to help me, but I need to get Fan Motor out so they can see whats going on with it......

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/2/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 4 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You have to take all the screws out around the shroud and the inside unit slides out to work on it.

CLICK HERE IMAGE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.