HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 1-yr old Nordyne gas furnace in my manufactured…

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have a 1-yr old Nordyne gas furnace in my manufactured home, and I am seeing a sequence of 4 red flashing lights indicating that I need to do a system reset, but I cannot locate the panel to shut off first.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

Thermostat is working, and i can hear the clickinbg at the furnace (trying to kick on), but it does nothing.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It does not have a pilot light - has a starter switch

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There are several steps listed to resolve the 4-flashing light code, but I cannot locate where the on/off switch is that they reference

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/2/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Take front top and bottom panel off for 10 sec., the panel door switch will cut power off to furnace then put the panel with the door switch back on and see if it reseted.

If that does not work please give me the exact model number listed inside your furnace.

I followed manufacturer's reset procedure - still getting red flashing light indicating ignition failure.
Please cancel my call request. Thanks.

Do you want to narrow down what could cause ignition faillior?

Usually due to a burnt out hot surface ignitor

looks something like this

Click herehttp://8016235491c6828f9cae-6b0d87410f7cc1525cc32b79408788c4.r96.cf2.rackcdn.com/1328/32910614_1.jpg

I just watched a video on restarting my specific model, but it is not working. Thinking I have a bad switch or something. I have a service call in for a repair. Thanks anyway.