HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The inspector came by to give me a final inspection and he…

Customer Question
The inspector came by...

The inspector came by to give me a final inspection and he tripped the arc fault breaker. Now my refrigerator is beeping and indicating "power failure". Frigedaire

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I just purchased it. It has been running since December 2017. Model #FPBG2277RF7

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am hoping it is just a minor problem and I don't have to call a technician for it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
4/2/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Try unpluging unit for 1 min and try again

OK, will do now.

Ok

I plugged it back in. It sounded as though it turned on; but the power failure indicator light remains on. I then tried to turn on the power on button; but it didn't help.

Ok this time turn fridge off at control, Then pull plug for 10 sec then replug fridge, Then turn on at control. it usually takes a few min to restart.

Lets see if that works.

I should have looked in the owner's manual to begin. All that was needed was to press the "mute alarm" button to acknowledge the alarm. All is fine now.

That model requires you to do this proceedure

Alarms Power Failure

In the event of a power failure, the power fail alert will be illuminated.

Press set to acknowledge the alarm. Other modes may be turned off until the alarm is acknowledged. While a power fail alert is displayed on the control panel, the unit will continue normal operation.

The power fail alert on the control panel will be removed once in the user acknowledges the power fail condition by pressing any key on the control panel. The high temp alarm may also be illuminated until a safe operating range temperature has been reached.

thanks

Good job,

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you

Best regards

Gaztech1